Thinking buying an ACER computer? DON’T!
If you are going to throw money away, throw it my way. I made the mistake of buying an ACER Aspire 722 Netbook and within 3-4 months, the case split and a piece fell out. Not only that but the keys stick, it’s slow even with 2 GB RAM and the touch pad has a mind of its own. Some programs I get a flickering line that doesn’t go away.
ACER will not back their warranty. When I called customer service, I got some East Indian guy that does his best to void your warranty starting with the case is not covered under warranty. Then he wants you to mail in your computer (at your expense) while they evaluate it for CID (customer induced damage) to void your warranty, but the excuses are endless.
I took it to a local repair shop and they said they would have to remove the screen and take the case apart which would void my warranty and recommended I contact ACER, which I did. I ended up contacting a corporate office in Texas and was given an email address of email@example.com where I addressed my issues with ACER.
Not only did I get no response, when I emailed again, my mail was returned. They will make it impossible for you to have them honor their warranty. They will make you jump thru every hoop imaginable to not honor their product. My computer guys also said that ACER was their #1 for repairs.
Another friend of mine had endless problems with her ACER also.
Searching for ACER complaints, at this site 94% rated it horrible out of 418 reviews.
This site has 3 page of complaints and about 60 reviews, all bad.
At this site there 27 more complaints cost the consumers over $5200
At this site there are 462 bad reviews out of 501 reviews or 92% bad reviews.
At this site there are 10 terrible reviews
This site has 71 complaints and most are about quality, repair and customer service
This site has a long list of complaints
This blog had 34 bad reviews
This complaint, ACER refused delivery for service
This Better Business Bureau in Temple Texas had 963 complaints of which 136 were complaints of warranty and 80 about service. And this only one of thousands of BBB’s.
This site is a PERFECT example of the BS you will get trying to get your ACER warranty/service
This website’s survey rated ACER as the WORST
This site has 2227 complaints out of 2923 or 76% hate ACER
How bad ACERS SUCK!
Notebook Forums has tons of complaints
This site boycotts ACER and has 1769 views
These are you tube videos that are self explanatory.
This site is a computer reviews
This site also says ACER SUCKS
And you think this review is bad? Check this one out?
Complaints from around the world
About.com has 127 complaints about ACER
So here are 22 websites, 7 YouTube videos and thousands reasons of dissatisfied customers and these are the ones that actually took the time to write about their complaints. There are many, many, more so if you are thinking of buying an ACER product, you are simply throwing your money away.
I would HIGHLY recommend Samsung as they back their warranty 100%. On a personal experience, I sat on my new dual LCD camera and broke the lens. I called Samsung and they only asked for my serial number and said it was under warranty. NO OTHER questions asked. The sent out UPS to pick it up and it was repaired 100% within 10 days.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Acer Aspire
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Dell Computer ~ Fraud and Fiction After multiple, and I mean multiple attempts to contact someone at the corporate office in Texas I have yet to see signs of life. I..."
- "Bought a laptop this Christmas from BB's website. It would have been a great deal for a 2.4Ghz processor, 4G of RAM and a Tb of hard drive. ..."
- "I was scammed by a website called brainsyntax. it is a creepy site once you realize that it is run by one guy and his psycho gf. Vincent Schiele a.k.a..."
- "Arbonne Suncreen is the absolute worst. As someone who had a stage 2 melanoma removed from my back last year, I try to be very careful to say the least...."
- "I rented a car from this company, and since i have refused the accidental and lost insurance coverage insurance from this company when i returned the car they look all..."
- "I travelled to Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas, Mexico. When I first rented the car, they filled a paper with marks where previous bumps and scratches were before I took it off...."
- "If you click the link you will see how we got ripped off at Giunta's Meat Farm in Bohemia NY When we opened the roast beef package we saw what you..."
- "Thought I'd try your Publix Supreme Self Rising Crust Pizza. The picture on the box really looked good. Too bad the pizza INSIDE the box didn't look like that...."
- "Benton Nissan of Hoover is a horrible, and corrupt dealership!!! On 10/15/2016 (sat) I saw an ad regarding their versa 2016 for $9,995, and within 15-30min the red flags were quickly..."