2.1
Ease of Use
Style and Design

Don't ever buy ACER laptops.

I bought this machine. Right out of the gate, the wireless card will not connect to the Verizon FIOS network. After some resetting, few calls to Help Desk, the wireless connection worked but it stopped working all of a sudden after 2 months, may be because of a patch of windows 10 Home that got installed in the machine.

My other laptops, devices works fine with the current Verizon FIOS router/modem. I tried all the things, resetting the machine, updating BIOS and it still did not work. The Help Desk wanted me to mail the machine to Texas on my dime as I was still under 1 year warranty.

I, however, found out that the wireless card will connect to the network with another Verizon FIOS connection at my friends house. Having tried all different configurations/settings, it still does not work with my current FIOS router/modem while all other laptops(windows and Mac) work fine without any hitch and the HD has no clue.

I am not sending the laptop to Texas as I have a lot apps in my machine and can part with it for that long period. I am asking Verizon to install another router. Will see how that would work.

In the mean time, I wanted to run Virtualization in the machine but it is not enabled in the BIOS while even the cheaper computers have virtualization enabled in BIOS.

Don't buy ACER computer for 4 reasons:

1) Their HD support sucks.

2) If there is a problem with your laptop, they will not pay for shipping even within one month of purchase.

3) Their wirless internet cards have problem. I have seen numerous people complaining about the same problem.

4) They don't have Virtualization enabled in their BIOS.

I don't know what other problems I will find as I move along.

Product or Service Mentioned: Acer Predator 15 G9-593 Laptop.

Comments