Ease of Use
Style and Design

I have always heard about how miserable of a company Acer is. But their product ( laptop in my case ) was inexpensive compared to quality companies and I made the terrible mistake of buying on price.

If you have ever heard that they do not honor any Warranty - then believe it. For some reason I thought it must just be a dumb consumer. Or it wont break when I use it, I actually know what I'm doing.

Well, shame on me I guess. The hardware is clearly inferior to any other manufacturer. And when mine fried after only a few months I thought that they would honor the warranty despite everything I heard. A week or two later I got a call from them saying they would NOT fix their junk product. They tried to claim that there was water damage - but it never left my desk - there was never any water around it. But there is nothing I can do except bend over and take it. So I did.

Please don't just blow this off and think this won't be me. That's what I did and learned the hard way. They will lie, cheat, and steal your money. I have no idea how they are still in business. They are *** artists in business form.

I'm sure 1 out of 4 or 5 of their laptops wont ever have a problem. Do you want to take that chance. Go with a samsung or something where only like 1 out of 1,000's will ever have a manufacturers defect.

Product or Service Mentioned: Acer Laptop.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: There lies.

Comments

Powell River, British Columbia, Canada #1223744

I am experiencing the exact same issue. Did they send you pictures of your laptop with the supposedly "water spill"?

I want to compare to see if they used the same image. Reply to me and we can exchange email add