Seattle, Washington

I am a computer network consultant, and have been since 1990. I purchased 3 of the Acer H243H monitors, 2 for my office, and 1 for a client in the last 3 months.

I noticed the monitor on my partner's desk had a pixel that was out 6" from the left, and 3.5" from the bottom. I called Acer Support at 1.800.816.2237 at about 9:30am, and was connected with India. I explained the problem and was told that even though this monitor, the H243H, had a 3 year warranty, if only 1 pixel was out, and not in the very middle of the screen it would not be repaired. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and after being told the same story by 3 other reps from Acer, I was finally connected to Francis in California, at 254.298.4483, in customer service/or disservice.

Francis stated the monitor would not be repaired. I asked to speak to her supervisor, but she refused to connect me, or tell me who he or she was. I insisted on speaking to some who could rectify this warranty problem, and Francis hung up on me. I was on the phone for about 3 hours and got nowhere.

Acer reps were rude, and did not care that I was a consultant that could steer a lot of customers towards their products. I was told that someone would be calling back the next day.

I did not receive a call the next day, so two days later I called again. Again I was told that a supervisor would be calling me back in 24 hours, and you guessed it, no call ever.

Comments

Did you order through a distrubuter? Most will take back broken equiment.

Have you tried to open an RMA case?

Just trying to help a fellow admin.