Resolved
1.8

Using ACER products since several years I was so naive to trust them one more for a tablet (Iconia One 10) I found at Wal Mart (Never again buy electronics from them! They have only 15 days offered to return a device for exchange, I rate their service elsewhere in ).

Device was defective with large portion of touch screen not responding.

I lost several days to reset the system and following several on line suggestion to fix the issue until I returned to Walmart only to get the answer I was 1 (ONE) day later and I have to apply to manufacturer.

No way to tell them defective product can be returned within the warranty period, so I applied to Acer Canada support I was trusting for past reliable assistance.

Got an online ticket number from a Dominican Republic Call Centre operator

I personally dropped the unit to ACER repair shop in Mississauga (not far from me) and unit was inspected and accepted for repair according to the ticket I opened and I got a surprisingly 124 US$ repair request for: "...CID Cracked LCD – Damaged LCD screen Before we can continue with the repair of your product, it is necessary that you contact Acer to provide CID payment USD 109.99 plus applicable taxes.

If we do not receive payment within four business days, your product will be returned unrepaired and held for customer pickup. OOW Repair charges: (USD) $109.99, Tax=$14.30, Total=$124.29....."

Scaring!!

A picture was showing the damages on the screen that were INEXISTANT when I dropped the unit (or the receptionist had noticed and refused to accept the unit.

I had to go there and fight the evaluation.

I have to give acer credit of their good faith of receptionist and they accepted my reason. Now I have a refurbish tablet but my trust on ACER and repair shop in general is shaken.

ALWAYS bring a printed picture of your unit to repair, ask for an incoming inspection and WRITE on the receit the REAL condition of your unit asking to sign. If I were less attentive I would probably allowed the paid repair. If I were w/o copy of original aspect of my unit Iprobably got a refusal to onor the warranty.

But the repairman forgot to seat the camera ans after again trying to find why no picture taken I returned to the repair shop and NOW seems working

BUT quality of device is poor and I'm still afraid a new glitch will arise.

Sorry my other Acer computer is working since 2008.

Product or Service Mentioned: Acer Tablet.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments